Projects and Activities
Our Kiwanis club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. We have speakers at our weekly meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We engage in a number of social activities to share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are the projects and activities in which we are currently involved:
- Easter Eggstravaganza - Bay areas biggest Easter Egg hunt with 16,000 Easter Eggs, 6 jump houses, DJ, Baton dance demonstration, petty zoo w/ bunnies, face painting, Home Depot craft fair and more. Always sat the day before Easter.
- Bunnies and Bonnets Easter Parade - 70 foot float with the Easter Bunny, Santa, members and friends of Kiwanis passing out 1000 Easter Eggs to the children lining the streets of Cambpell ave in Historic Downtown Campbell.
- TAS Turn Around Scholarship - Fund and support overlooked high school seniors who overcame life challenges early in high school (alcohol, pregnancy, drugs, abusive parents, homelessness, gangs) but who aren't elegible for traditional scholarships but deserve to go to college.
- Carol of Lights Christmas themed annual street fair in downtown Campbell. We provide Santa, Cider, cookies, a DJ and the chance to hop on Santa's lap for hundreds of boys and girls and their parents.
- Annual Special Games, an Olympic themed event for special needs children who can't qualify for Special Olympics because of their disability. Every child participates and goes home with a ribbon.
- Kiwanis Annual "One Day" where 600,000 Kiwanis around the world show their dedication and compassion to their community adopting a school, park, church, elderly homeowner or similar cause, moving in an army of volunteers to clean, paint, refurbish and repurpose.
- Annual toy drive for econmically disadvantage children
- Project Eliminate Model Club, funding the Joint Kiwanis - Unicef project to stamp out and eliminate Maternal Neo Natal Tetanus in countries who don't have the medical technology or delivery systems to immunize expectant mothers.
There are many more causes we support, come join us for a meal and we'll happily share all the love and good we work so hard to spread in our little corner of the world.